When enough wise people share something with me, I believe it must be true.
One of those statements is: “The years go quickly.”
I mean. Have I really been parenting for a decade?
And have I been publishing podcasts for two years? Wowzers.
In honor of time flying and wise mentors, I’ve created a gift for you. . .
A Parenting Mashup Episode!!!
What does that mean exactly?
Well, I listened to hours of past parenting podcast episodes and pulled out clips with great words of wisdom. Then I mashed them together in one episode!!
So now when you need a quick word of grace and truth you can head over to episode 96 and be filled.
Thank you for celebrating God’s great work and giving Him all thanks and glory!!
What we chat about:
- The common emotion of anger and struggle with yelling.
- The idea of controlling ourselves first and how to do that practically
- The false comfort of formulas and ever achieving “perfect” parenting
- The grace we have been extended and can give to our children
- The practical weaving of grace into discipline
- The true identity we need to discover in Christ before dealing with children’s behavior
- The lessons learned from those who have older children. . .what really matters
- The ways to connect with God in the midst of mundane and busy mothering
- The need we have for others and reaching out for help
- The hope and joy we can experience when we see our children with heaven’s perspective
Who was on this episode (in order of appearance):
- Sally Clarkson–Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram
- Leslie Johnson–Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram
- September McCarthy–Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter
- Kirk Martin–Site :: Twitter :: Facebook :: Podcast
- Jeannie Cunnion–Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Pinterest :: Instagram
- Jim & Lynne Jackson–Connected Families Site :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Pinterest
- Vickie Kraft–Books :: Obituary
- Parenting the Whole Hearted Child by Jeannie Cunnion
- Own Your Life by Sally Clarkson
- HelloMornings Program
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, Heather!
I had this open on my laptop to listen to for literally weeks! Finally, I got an hour to myself, and clicked ‘play’! 🙂
And what a JOY it has been to listen to… what an inspiration, and encouragement. It was straight from God to me, and I am so thankful for your hard work in compiling this amazing mashup so beautifully and thoughtfully! I am changed as a result!
God bless you!
Have you ever looked into Love and Logic. It’s a great program for parents and teachers. It focuses on teaching children their are consequences that match the behavior, and giving that responsibility and power back to the children. For example, the child acts out, then you present them with their consequence. We all know, what’s next…..crying, tantrum, etc…..in that moment they are trying to make you feel terrible, but in that moment give it back to the child. So, respond “I know it is sad, that this happened….and you have to suffer this consequence. Why did you do this to yourself? Well, I love you, and you can get through this consequence.” This method works really well and it’s still very loving.