The first time I did one of her workouts it ended in tears.
Not from pain.
But from entering God’s presence in worship.
Who would have known worship and workouts could go hand-in-hand?
This week’s guest, Alisa Keeton, has revolutionized how I see fitness. Instead of pursuing a number on the scale, she has taught me to exercise from a position of love. To start with how loved I am and allow God’s love to draw me into health and wholeness. Love > Fear.
Fear is a great motivator but a terrible transformer.
In this episode, Alisa gives the backstory of how God directed her steps to start “Revelation Wellness” (a story I had never heard!). She also shares how a broken foot led her to create my favorite podcast. I’m giddy to share this resource with you. In her 30 minute podcast episodes, Alisa talks you through a workout (cardio of your choice) and speaks God’s truth over you, all while listening to worship music. Incredible.
Connect with Alisa:
Featured Sponsor: Jelly Telly
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer. Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. Available on iOS, Android, and Kindle. Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more!
Check them out at here. Make sure you use the special discount code for GodCenteredMomPodcast listeners mentioned at the beginning of this week’s show.
What we chat about:
- When we look to other things to complete us.
- The horror of Christian aerobics.
- How RevWell gospel-oriented fitness got started.
- Why Alisa started my FAVORITE PODCAST for workout and worship.
- Our broken foot stories and what God taught us in them.
- How the enemy tries to hold down our gifts.
- The refining journey of leadership.
- Analyzing what motivates our fitness pursuits.
- Declare Conference
- “Weigh Less to Feed More”–8 week journey
- Online subscription to RevWell T.V.
- RevWell Instructor Training
- Revelation Wellness Podcast –Reving the Word
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
Really loved what she had to share! I was kinda disappointed I can’t find her podcast on stitcher, so I can’t play it on android my phone, only on my iPad which would be kinda awkward to run with 🙂 It would be awesome if she makes it available on stitcher for the non-iPhone peeps. Thanks so much for recording all these fantastic interviews Heather. I feel encouraged and learn something new every time.