If this topic seems random. . .trust me it’s not.
First of all, as this episode drops on iTunes, I’ll be heading on a great adventure to Israel with a group of Christian leaders (including past podcast guest, Charity Reeb). And I want you to be able to follow along on Instagram.
Since we’ll be led by Josh Ahrens, co-coordinator at Israel Collective, I’ve invited him to share a bit about our trip on the show. Like what three religions claim the Temple Mount as holy, what Jesus could see from the Mount of Olives, and why I won’t visit the crucifixion site. Hoping our conversation will spur on chats with your kiddos!
You will be amazed at the connection Josh draws between his mom and peace in Israel. About the impact moms have in shaping a child’s perspective on the Holy Land and God’s chosen people. And how that foundation can help a college student withstand the anti-semitic messages present on campuses today.
But what is Israel Collective? Here’s a bit from their website:
“The Israel Collective, an initiative of Christians United for Israel, was founded in 2014 by a team of young Christian leaders dedicated to building vibrant relationships between American Christians and the people of the Holy Land.
Our goal is to create a community that walks out the teachings of Jesus by asking how we can love Israelis and Palestinians in a way that makes God smile. . . Cultivating living friendships based on love, truth and respect, and enabling our fellow Christians around the world to do the same.”
What we chat about:
- How Josh’s mom, as a 1st generation believer, influenced his passion for Israel
- The Anti-Semitism on college campuses and how it confuses students’ faith
- What pieces of Scripture Josh remembers studying with his mom
- The mission of Israel Collective is not to choose sides, but to acknowledge suffering of Palestinian people.
- Josh’s favorite place we are going to visit.
- How can the Sea of the Galilee be so small but have such big waves.
- How God will show up while standing in line for lunch instead of the holy site.
- The significance of the Temple Mount to three different religions.
- Why I won’t visit the crucifixion site but will go to a first century tomb.
- The power of where the Mount of Olives sits in relation to Jerusalem.
Connect with Israel Collective:
Featured Sponsor: Seeds Family Worship
Learn God’s Word as a family with songs taken directly from the Bible. Sing-along to songs from Proverbs, Psalms, and Romans with Seeds Family Worship. Check out more: HERE. Don’t miss their FREE SHIPPING on all Easter resources!!!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
How do u go back to the very first 50 episodes to listen? I subscribed n listen to everything but it does not show the first 50 or so episodes.
Thanks for talking about this! I look forward to hearing about your trip. Our pastor drives from OKC every week to teach at DTS – especially on the topics related to end times/Isrealogy! We benefit from what he has learned all the time because it ties in to so much.