In keeping my word to update you a bit about the trip to Israel, I’ve invited my travel buddy (and previous podcast guest) Charity Reeb on the show.
But honestly? This episode is more about you and making soul-tending time with Jesus than it is about Israel. Consider it a permission slip to ask God how you can spend more time in solitude and silence (yes, moms of littles too!).
When Charity and I tried to talk about our favorite places in Israel, we ended up talking about sharing the gospel. And sacrificing comfort to have awkward conversations with those in our every day life.
And then our Skype connection dropped. Which makes sense only because Charity called in from her hotel balcony in Thailand! Despite being cut a bit short, I loved our chat and I’ve prayed for it to be an encouragement to your mom heart, too.
What we chat about:
- The shame we can feel for taking time away from our kids.
- The need to pursue solitude and draw near to God.
- The sacrifice made to graft Gentiles into the gospel blessing.
- Filling our kids faith sponge first and model conversations outside the bubble.
- Who needs Jesus in my everyday and am I willing to be uncomfortable.
- The 3-person challenge.
Connect with Charity:
- Good, Bad, Real Life with Charity Reeb (Ep 110)
- Inspired to Action’s Maximize Your Mornings eBook
- HelloMornings accountability
- Kat’s weekend retreat and her podcast episode about mom retreats
**Amazon Affiliate Link
Featured Sponsor: Jelly Telly
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer.
Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. JellyTelly is a safe place for children to experience fun and engaging entertainment while learning about God, the Bible, and faith.
Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Owlegories, Friends and Heroes, What’s in the Bible?, Theo, Whirl, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more! (browse the entire catalog here: https://www.jellytelly.com/whatson). Watch on iOS, Android, Kindle apps with a brand new Roku and Apple TV channels. Get your Easter resources over at JellyTelly.com blog.
When you sign up for a month of Jelly Telly and use the special coupon code (mentioned in this episode), you get a 10 page Jesus coloring book download and your first week of JellyTelly FREE!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
Hey! What is the the podcast for dads you mentioned called?
Love your podcast!
hey maggy! it’s called “Pairadocs” podcast. I’ll have them on the show on Monday!!
I was wondering too! Thanks, Heather!
Beautiful podcast! Thank you for sharing this time and moments with Charity.
I’ve found it difficult to find the time and place to have that quiet time with God, but choosing to talk moments to listen to this podcast including other God focused *noise* really helps… Even if I have to pause it because of a toddler melt down. Ha
Blessings and Shalom