Balancing motherhood, career and identity through various seasons in our life may be one of the biggest challenges we face as women. This week’s podcast guest, Kat Armstrong, guides us through a biblical framework for answering some of the key questions surrounding our calling in Christ and our assignments in life.
Whether you are a career mom, a stay-at-home mom or somewhere in the middle like me, I hope this episode encourages and equips you for your current season and those to come.
What we chat about:
- Navigating the challenges of motherhood, career and identity
- The difference between calling and assignment
- We have different limitations and constraints on our lives and that’s healthy
- Evaluating whether your family is flourishing in your current assignments
- Focusing on our strengths and finding an outlet for them instead of working on our weaknesses
- Is there a biblical imperative to stay home with your kids?
- The importance of investing in the local church and pouring our lives out for others
- Kat’s non-profit, Polished, a community of professional women navigating career and exploring faith together
- Answering listener questions about careers and motherhood
Connect with Kat:
- Wonder Women Book by Kate Harris (and Barna Group)**
- Jill Briscoe at IF:Gathering on calling/assignment
- Polished: http://www.polishedonline.org/
- “Staying Home with Kids vs. Second Income”
**Amazon affiliate link: small percentage of your purchase goes to supporting this podcast, at no additional cost to you.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.