Born four days apart in 1977, Travis (aka “Thi’sl”) and I didn’t choose where or to whom we were born. But God did. And He placed us in very different homes and stories. Yet the gospel intersected both of our lives, pulled us forward and continues to pull us.
Granted, Travis’ transformation is a lil more interesting and dramatic than mine. But we both were sinners in need of a Savior. And around our 40th birthdays, our paths crossed with an invitation for a trip to Israel.
After hearing bits & pieces of Travis’ story while on our trip and then hearing him perform and share his testimony at a concert. . .I knew I had to share “Thi’sl” with y’all.
In this episode you’ll gain hope for any loved one or situation you think is “too far gone” for God to redeem. You’ll be reminded that God is in the business of rescuing and making things right. And that God fights for you (which ironically my pastor reminded us of yesterday). You can drop your weapons of control. You can surrender your way and follow God’s way. And believe God is for you and He CAN free you (spoiler alert: just like how He actually freed Travis from prison!!).
(Here’s a little pic with some of my fam and me visiting Thi’sl before his concert)
We traveled to the Holy Land together. But tonight @Thisl introduced me to holy community. The men who performed continually pointed to the One who rescued them. They preached the best gospel messages I’ve ever heard. Truly. I’ve been convicted to ask for deliverance, to share the joy of Jesus and praise my Savior more than my problems. Want a jolt to your faith? Be on the lookout for #truthmusictour in ur city. (thank you @asaintmusic @datin_tripled @hogmobministries @eshonburgundy (& everyone else I can’t find on IG!) for using your gifts for His glory. Honored to worship with u tonight). #instastory ((thanks to those of u who stuck around for my IG live of Thi’sl’s set 💕))
At the end of the interview Travis shares 3 questions he answers in his book, “Against All Odds”:
What is my identity. What am I living for? Am I too far gone for God to use me?
Here are his answers:
You’re not too far gone. God created you for a purpose. God made you in His image.
Connect with Thi’sl:
- “Against All Odds” by Travis Tyler**
- “Against All Odds : Life Application” by Travis Tyler
- Flame–Clear Sight Music
- Sevin (click on this link and also hear him preach!)
- “Tears” by Thi’sl & Ellie Holcomb (Ellie on GCM Podcast listen here)
**Amazon affiliate link: small percentage of your purchase goes to supporting this podcast, at no additional cost to you.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.