It’s painful when our dreams fall apart. Stephanie Giddens shares how although her family’s dream to move to Africa didn’t work out, God gave her an even bigger dream for the refugee community in her own city. The God assigned her the privilege of building Vickery Trading Company. A company that provides for families, empowers refugee women and bridges cultural divides.
The GREAT news is you can be a part of empowering women by purchasing any of the sewn items! The BEST news is, they not only have adorable dresses for little girls, for a limited time they have holiday lounge pants for men, women and children!!! (Check them out here)
What we chat about:
- The surprising twists and turns in Stephanie’s family’s story.
- Grieving over the death a dream and not understanding the “why” behind bad circumstances.
- We as believers get the privilege of being a part of God’s story.
- How Stephanie is helping refugees in Dallas with her children’s clothing company, Vickery Trading Co.
- The struggle that refugees face when they come to America.
- Stories of hope God has orchestrated with the refugees Stephanie works with
- Building community among people of different cultures by focusing on the commonalities we all have as people.
- English is one of the biggest barriers for refugees.
- How focusing on what is going well and on encouragement can make a big difference in your outlook on life.
Connect with Vickery Trading Company:
Featured Sponsor: Songfinch
Songfinch is a personalized gifting platform that brings your stories, feelings and memories to life through one-of-a-kind songs from scratch. Using your unique stories along with your desired genre, vocalist gender and song moods, they curate the perfect professional songwriter to handcraft the most personal gift you can give. It’s the perfect, unique gift for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Newborns and many more of life’s special occasions.
- Vickery Trading Company –special coupon code for GCM listeners: GCM15 for 15% off!!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.