In a time when biblical truth is often narrowed down to a greeting card slogan or a small subset of feel-good encouragements, the She Reads Truth community takes a different approach. The bible studies and reading plans from She Reads Truth take a deep dive into scripture with the goal to understand the big picture of who God is throughout history and our need for his grace.
SRT co-founder and CEO Raechel Myers shares the community’s origin and her personal story of encountering God’s goodness amidst the loss of her daughter. Jump in to hear Raechel share her heart for studying scripture and relying on the Holy Spirit in the difficult places of parenting.
I can base my understanding of God on the 36 years that I’ve experienced with him, but that is a mistake. God’s story is so far back before I ever existed. And so one of the important reasons that we read the Bible is to understand the broader story of who God is and how I fit into his story, not how he fits into mine.
What we chat about:
- Raechel’s writing background and the purpose behind her first blog
- How God trained and equipped Raechel through various experiences before She Reads Truth began
- The origin of the She Reads Truth community
- Taking God’s word for what it is and not relying too heavily on devotionals or feel-good scriptures alone
- She Reads Truth has options for everything from free reading plans to beautiful, bound books
- A new children’s story book they’ve produced called This Is the Gospel
- Addressing faith and trusting that God is who he says he is with your older kids
- Why scripture plays such a key role in our understanding of who God is beyond our own experience with him
- The importance of modeling Christian life for our children’s spiritual formation
Connect with She Reads Truth:
- He Reads Truth
- Kids Read Truth
- Judges study – http://shereadstruth.com/plan/judges/
- New Kids Book – This Is the Gospel
- Romans study
- Matthew study
- Mourning and Dancing
- The Color Method with Lacey Dobrient (Ep 63)
- Focused15 with Katie Orr (Ep 101)
- The Evans Family Discuss Loss & Faith
**Amazon affiliate link
Featured Sponsors: PrepDish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
Get 2 weeks of meal plans FREE! Go to Prepdish.com/gcm and use coupon code: GCM
Tickets are officially on sale starting today!! This year we are adding more seats and options!! Check out all the details and get your tickets HERE.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.