In the thick of parenting it is easy to get our perspective skewed or react to our children from a place of emotion or our own sin. My guest Dr. Paul David Tripp gives a course-correcting pep talk reminding parents of their deep calling from God and how to look at discipline as an opportunity to connect our kids with God’s goodness.
“You’re never just dealing with behavior. You’re always dealing with what controls the child’s behavior and that’s his heart. And if God consciousness doesn’t rule my heart, self orientation will. That’s what has to change. No I can’t create that change, but I can I can give God’s Spirit an opportunity again and again to work in the heart of my child”
Tripp is a pastor, international event speaker, and best-selling author. As a father of four grown children, he shares candidly from his own experience. This encouraging episode is packed with a lot of truth! Share with your spouse and friends!
What we chat about:
- The deeper calling of on our lives as parents
- We cannot rely on our kids to give us hope for parenting them.
- How opening our children’s eyes to see God everywhere pulls them away from a self centered existence.
- God created the world so that it’s very physical nature reveals him.
- Root the rules that you have for your children in God’s goodness and his love and His grace.
- Every opportunity we have to discipline or correct is not an opportunity first to threaten with punishment but to talk about how good God is.
- Ask the question, “What is God wanting to do in the heart of this child?”
- Behavior is really about a child’s heart orientation
- God way of parenting isn’t efficient, but it is transformational .
- The values of the world push against our calling as parents. We have to consider where we are placing our treasure and hope.
- A God perspective for how to respond when your children sin
- God is exposing something in my child so I can be part of his help and rescue.
- Parenting is about planting seeds. We aren’t going to see them bloom overnight.
- Dealing with rebellion and authority issues with grace and consequences
- Parenting adopted children and helping them with identity
Connect with Paul David Tripp:
Parenting — Streaming Event 2018
Parenting is hard work, but what could be more important in your life than being one of God’s tools to form a human soul? In his brand-new streaming event, pastor and best-selling author Dr. Paul David Tripp will share four principles that can radically change the way you raise your children.
This conference has on-demand streaming access until November 30. With a Streaming License, you, your friends, or your entire church will be encouraged by biblical and practical wisdom. Your Streaming License will also include a free study guide, loaded with questions for further discussion.
Transcript of conversation: Download Here
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family**
- New Morning Mercies**
- Gospel Parenting Episode with Paul David Tripp from 2017
**Amazon affiliate link
Featured Sponsors: PrepDish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
Get 2 weeks of meal plans FREE! Go to Prepdish.com/gcm and use coupon code: GCM
Don’t Mom Alone Live Event Tickets
Tickets are officially on sale starting today!! This year we are adding more seats and options!! Check out all the details and get your tickets HERE.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
Is there a way I could get a transcribed copy of this podcast episode to print and keep going back to?
yes! I just emailed you a link to get a copy!
Came here looking for the same thing!! Can you please email me a link to get a copy as well? So much parenting GOLD in this podcast!! So many awesome words I want to remember that I can come back to again and again. Thanks so much!
You are very welcome! I will email you.
Ditto! Could I get a copy? Such gold!
So so so so so so good!
I’d also like to request a transcribed copy of this podcast. So so good!!
so thankful you enjoyed it! sending a copy now!
Hi! I was also looking for the transcript of the podcast with Paul David Tripp. Can you help, please? Thanks!
sending it now!! so thankful you enjoyed the episode!
Could I please get a transcript copy of this podcast? Thank you so much for all the helpful tools and tips
I would love a transcript copy too!!
May I have a transcribed copy of the episode too? This is gold!
just added to the post! you can download from there!
Now you! like something startup new? Look at this site. Only there the choice of wettest pussies for every unique guy and completely free! They are good slaves, they will and want do everything you say !
How can I get the questions for this podcast (Paul Tripp)?
do you mean the discussion questions? Are you a part of the DMA podcast club FB group? If you click join on this page and sign up for the DMA podcast club emails you will get directions on how to find the FB group.
Could I get the link to the transcript for this podcast? Thank you!!