Contemporary Christian musicians Chris Rademaker and Jodi King followed God’s call to pursue a musical adventure as the husband-wife duo Love & The Outcome. They share their experiences of selling their home, walking through grief, newlywed life on the road as musicians and their transition into parenting.
Jodi especially talks through how she leans on the Holy Spirit in her parenting, managing expectations and other people’s reactions.
I’ve had to learn how to just know the Holy Spirit. So in the moments when we’re in public and I’m parenting, I focus on Him. It’s so easy to turn and see everyone else’s reaction to what I just did was or I can just try and do my best to really listen to the Holy Spirit in the moment so that I can feel confident in my decisions.
I love how Chris and Jodi open up about playing shows and bringing their two young sons Milo and Ziggy along for the ride. There’s so much encouragement for moms of littles in this episode, including letting our standards slip a little so we can still experience community even if it’s messy and involves take-out food instead of handcrafted meals.
Maybe it’s just a season. But maybe it’s forever. I don’t really know what the Lord has. But letting go of some of my ideals has been so good. I have to acknowledge that I have a 2.5-year-old and a 1-year-old. Life looks like this right now, and it is the dream if I choose to be present to it and enjoy it.
What we chat about:
- When Jodi and Chris met and started a touring band
- Their Enneagram types and how they work together as a couple
- How the Lord directed their path through grief and loss
- Parenting and challenges that come when touring with kids
- Dwelling in the Holy Spirit to make decisions
- Transitions in parenting and learning to lean into the Holy Spirit vs worrying what others think
- The concessions you make to connect with community when you are in a busy season
- Freeing yourself up from pre-conceived plans of what life “should” look like
- A new way to look at living the dream and choosing to be present in what your life is like now
Connect with Love & the Outcome:
(You should follow them on IG. . .cutest pics and Jodi is drops some serious encouragement!)
- The God I Know music video
- The King of My Heart music video
- He is With Us music video
- L&TO albums: These Are the Days** & Love & The Outcome**
**Amazon affiliate link to help support the production of this podcast.
Featured Sponsors: Songfinch
Songfinch is a personalized gifting platform that brings your stories, feelings and memories to life through one-of-a-kind songs from scratch. Using your unique stories along with your desired genre, vocalist gender and song moods, they curate the perfect professional songwriter to handcraft the most personal gift you can give. It’s the perfect, unique gift for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Newborns and many more of life’s special occasions.
Special coupon code: GODCENTEREDMOM get $20 off your personalized song
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
Get 2 weeks of meal plans FREE! Go to Prepdish.com/gcm and use coupon code: GCM
Don’t Mom Alone Live Event Tickets
Tickets are officially on sale starting today!! Friday is SOLD OUT, but a couple tickets are still available for Saturday afternoon! Check out all the details and get your tickets HERE.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.