Kat Armstrong, the guest from one of my most popular episodes is back on the podcast to share the message of her new book, No More Holding Back. The first question we talk about is, “Can a woman learn too much about Jesus?” A light topic, right?
The greatest commandment says we have to love God with our heart, soul, mind and strength — all of it. And it’s the priority. It’s the priority over anyone’s role in our home. We have to be all-in for Jesus. We can’t let our fears, our insecurities, our roles, our titles, or anything to do with our spouses impede our progress to learn about Jesus.
Kat shares powerfully about our role as an image bearer of God, the importance of elevating women’s voices in our communities of faith and living completely into the assignments God gives us.
We also talk about giving what we have to offer even if feels imperfect or broken in the same way that the widow in Mark 12 gave out of her need.
If you have a broken heart, it counts. I have a broken heart right now about my dad. I still want to love God with it all and I don’t have to have it all together or healed yet to apply it to the Great Commission. And if you have a weary soul and you’re questioning your faith, you can give that to God and he counts it as worthy. If you have a confused mind. If you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, decision making, and things don’t make sense in your world, you can give that to God.
What we chat about:
- Kat walking through the grief of losing her dad and how her family dynamic has changed
- The refining process of book writing and about her new book, No More Holding Back.
- The false idea that a woman can learn too much about Jesus
- Men and women are not in competition when it comes to serving God
- Living completely into our calling or our assignment and what God’s given us to do
- Fully embracing the way God made us and how we can purposely live into our callings
- Women can be strong and submissive at the same time because Jesus was too
- The story of the widow’s mite in Mark 12 reminds us that what we have to offer Jesus is enough even if it’s a broken heart
- Jesus runs his economy on love. When we give, even out of our need, it’s more than enough through Jesus
- Barriers Christian women face and how to deal with competing assignments
- Inviting family and friends to be on your team when God assigns you something new and hearing God for the timing of an assignment
- Ask: Who are my neighbors? Am I loving them well? How can I be equipped to love them better?
Connect with Kat:
- Website: https://www.katarmstrong.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/katarmstrongauthor
- Twitter: @katarmstrong1
- Polished Ministries: https://www.polishedonline.org
- Previous episode with Kat Armstrong: Motherhood, Career, and Identity [Ep 171]
- BOOK: No More Holding Back by Kat Armstrong**
- BOOK: Wonder Women: Navigating the Challenges of Motherhood, Career, and Identity by Kate Harris**
- BOOK: Are Women Human? By Dorothy Sayers**
**Amazon affiliate link
Featured Sponsor: Laugh and Learn Bible for Kids
Written by VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer, this family Bible is more than a children’s Bible storybook . . . it’s a deep, engaging, laugh-out-loud gospel experience.
The Laugh and Learn Bible for Kids will guide readers from Genesis to Revelation, retelling beloved Bible stories AND tackling tricky questions like “What is sin?” and “What is the Trinity?”
Each story is vividly illustrated, takes just five minutes to read, and includes a family connection to encourage family Bible study and help readers learn, talk, and pray together! PLUS, bonus content connects the dots of each Bible story, making the Laugh and Learn Bible for Kids a family devotional Bible that provides a big picture, applicational view of the Biblical narrative.
Featured Sponsor: FabFitFun
Who else has tried FABFITFUN? If you don’t already know about it, it’s a seasonal box, with full-size beauty, fitness and lifestyle products. The box I received is truly fabulous.
Each season’s box features a variety of amazing, quality brands like Tarte, Kate Somerville, Anthropologie, Free People, Dr. Brandt and that’s just the beginning of it.
Don’t miss out, because they sell out fast. Check out www.FABFITFUN.com and use the code mentioned in the middle of this episode so you can save $10 off your first box, making it only $39.99!