Ever want to hear from the woman behind literal rock star kids?
In this episode, Helen Smallbone, mother of 7 grown children including Christian music stars Joel and Luke Smallbone (For King and Country) and Rebecca St. James, shares stories of motherhood and practical advice she’s learned along the way. She and her husband moved their family from Australia to America more than 25 years ago. It was a faith-building journey that changed their family forever.
Sometimes when you face life crises what God’s doing is setting a new foundation. In this time, he took everything away from us. We had no money, no resources, no family and no friends. But in that refining process, he gave everything back to us, but with a new foundation where he was the provider. He showed himself to be faithful for providing all our needs.
This episode originally aired in May of 2017 as episode 166.
What we talk about:
- Stories of living by faith and God providing for the Smallbone family when they moved from Australia to America
- Homeschooling a large family and fostering responsibility and work skills in your kids
- Teaching family values while dealing with bad attitudes and behaviors in your kids
- Taking a “time out” as a mom to pray for your children and waiting on the Lord for breakthrough for specific ways to resolve behavior problems
- Focusing on the eternal value of building relationships with our kids versus the temporary focus on everyday tasks
- Spending time with children who may be acting out because they need more attention
- How quantity time often becomes quality time with our families
- Taking a traditional nap time or quiet time after lunch with fill yourself up to finish the day strong as a mom
- Keeping the communication line open with your children no matter their age.
Ever felt like you really want to plant the seeds of faith in your children’s heart but you don’t know how? You need something simple and easy that you can trust.
You are not alone. Thousands of women all over the world have felt the same and are now cultivating the hearts of their little ones with Write the Word for Kids Bible journal from Cultivate What Matters.
This month they launched a new journal: Write the Word for Kids: Fruit of the Spirit. It has everything you loved about the first Write the Word for Kids with a new theme, and including new fruit-theme stickers! Your kids will love it, too!
The Cultivate team is offering Don’t Mom Alone listeners an exclusive discount. Head to CultivateWhatMatters.com to order your Write the Word for Kids journal today and receive 10% off with the code DONTMOMALONE.
This year Kate Duff and her MomComm groups (DMA podcast clubs) are hosting our Live Event in Dallas. AND my featured guest is my good friend Chrystal Evans Hurst.
We’d love to see you there. Get tickets here: TICKETS