It’s a popular (and sometimes controversial) typology system that can help you understand yourself and others better, but how can we use the Enneagram in light of the gospel to help our marriages thrive?
Beth McCord of Your Enneagram Coach is here to walk us how to look at our marriages and close relationships through the lens of the Enneagram and the Gospel.
With the Enneagram, you can see that we all struggle. We all need Jesus. It’s just we need it in different ways. And he makes us more like him in different ways as well. It’s called the body of Christ and we reflect Christ differently. We all need to bring our uniqueness to glorify him and bless each other.
We talk about how using the Enneagram can improve communication and compassion in our marriages and what to do if your spouse has no interest in learning his type. (hint: the answer isn’t to bug him about it)
Beth shares that no one pairing out of the 45 possible Enneagram matches in marriage is better than any other, but it’s our surrender to Christ that makes all the difference.
I can guarantee you there is not a combination that is better or worse. Any two types that are surrendering and depending on the grace of God through Christ’s work on the cross on our behalf will be a blessing to one another.
What we chat about:
- The origins of the Enneagram as a personality tool and why it matters how we use it
- Learning where we need to depend on Christ more as you understand more about your Enneagram type
- Using the Enneagram to help relate better in your marriage
- What to do when your spouse is resistant to learning about the Enneagram
- Learning about all nine types can help you have more compassion for your close relationships
- Embracing the unique ways Christ made each person can help put an end to comparison
- The resources Beth has for using the Enneagram within marriage
Connect with Beth:
- Website: www.yourenneagramcoach.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/YourEnneagramCoach
- Instagram: @yourenneagramcoach
- Becoming Us: Using the Enneagram to Create a Thriving Gospel-Centered Marriage [BOOK]**
- Ep. 232: The Enneagram and Motherhood :: Suzanne Stabile [PODCAST]
- Enneagram Type Summaries from Your Enneagram Coach [WEBSITE]
- FREE Marriage Assessment from Beth [WEBSITE]
- Becoming Us Marriage Course [WEBSITE]
Featured Sponsor: PrepDish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef and dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef and dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when. NOW offering KETO MEAL PLANS!
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss! Get 1 MONTH of meal plans for $4! Go to Prepdish.com/dma.
Featured Sponsor: FabFitFun
Who else has tried FABFITFUN? If you don’t already know about it, it’s a seasonal box, with full-size beauty, fitness and lifestyle products. The box I received is truly fabulous.
Each season’s box features a variety of amazing, quality brands like Tarte, Kate Somerville, Anthropologie, Free People, Dr. Brandt and that’s just the beginning of it.
Don’t miss out, because they sell out fast. Check out www.FABFITFUN.com and use the code mentioned in the middle of this episode so you can save $10 off your first box, making it only $39.99!