During the ongoing health crisis of COVID-19, there are a lot of changes in household finances. Maybe grocery and electric bills have gone up because everyone is home. You or your spouse may have a reduction in income or you’ve faced losing your job.
In the same way we work to protect ourselves with social distancing and wearing masks in public, there are some important things we can do to protect our finances and take time to reflect on where our money goes each month. Financial coach Ericka Young joins me to talk about budgets, cutting costs and how we can use this time to reprioritize.
“This is the perfect time to reflect on what it is that you really want, why you want it. And I think if people reflect on what their goals were in the beginning of the year and make certain that this season doesn’t derail their progress. We can start looking on the bright side and ask God what he has next for us.”
Ericka is the owner of Tailor-Made Budgets and has a passion for helping people pay off debt. Listen to how she and her husband paid off almost $100,000 in episode 244.
Connect with Ericka:
- Website: .tailormadebudgets.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/TailorMadeBudgets
- Instagram: @tailormadebudgets
- Ep 244 Budget Isn’t a Dirty Word :: Ericka Young [PODCAST]
- The CARES Act Works for All Americans [WEBSITE]
- Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments [WEBSITE]
- Access more resources and links on Ericka’s Blog [WEBSITE]
- Beachbody — free trial when you text HEATHER to 303030
- Exploring the Bible Together –Now through May 25, 2020, Don’t Mom Alone listeners can pick up a copy of Exploring the Bible Together along with a selection of ESV children’s Bibles for 40% off with a free Crossway+ membership. For more information, visit crossway.org/DMA7.
- Little Passports — Use DMA to get 15% off any subscription at https://www.littlepassports.com/