With more family togetherness than ever before comes the potential for a lot more arguing and nagging our kids to obey. If you’re stuck in a parenting rut or negative cycle, then our friends from Connected Families are here to help.
Stacy Bellward and Chad Hayenga join me to talk about breaking the patterns of defensiveness in our kids and how the power of curious questions can create productive conversations and build wisdom.
I think as we look at scripture and we consider how Jesus approached people, you know, it was surprising to me when I first learned that Jesus asked 307 questions that are recorded in the gospels. And that’s a lot of questioning. And we think about Jesus as being a great teacher. Jesus is a great teacher, but he often times uses questions to build wisdom and to hold people accountable.
If you want to go deeper after listening to this show, Connected Families is offering a special promo code for Don’t Mom Alone listeners for their Power of Questions online course. With the code DMA20 it’s just $30.
Check out the role play Chad, Stacy and I recorded.
Connect with Connected Families:
- Website: connectedfamilies.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/ConnectedFamilies
- Instagram: @connectedfams
- Heather, Chad and Stacy do a role play of asking questions instead of nagging
- Past Connected Families Interviews
- The Power Of Questions Online Course **DMA20 gets you 20% off
- GoMacro — check out Macro Bars at https://www.gomacro.com/. Get 30% off your order with the promo code DMA (free shipping on orders over $60).