Keli Reese is a naturally joyful person and a teacher who loves children. She figured that motherhood would come naturally for her too. But, after having five children in five years she found herself in the midst of life and home with lots of littles and wondered where her joy had gone.
I had this mindset of what our home was going to be like because I’m doing this for Jesus. We’re going to have this wonderful home. And when things were not looking that way, when I wasn’t loving getting up early; I wasn’t loving the laundry that never ended; I wasn’t loving potty training; (all the things that was actually happening in my real life) I found myself sinking really deep.
As she struggled to perform and achieve her way through motherhood and live up to the ideals she’d had before motherhood, Keli came to breaking point with God and that’s when everything changed.
I said God, I can’t do it anymore. I cannot do it. And I can just remember the love of the Lord wrapping around me. And he reminded me that no one called me to do it all. I experienced this relief in this release of God.
Connect with Keli:
- Website: www.ministryinmothering.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/ministryinmothering
- Instagram: @ministryinmothering
- Ancestry Health — Go to Ancestry.com/DMA to get your AncestryHealth kit today
- Thrive Market — Go to ThriveMarket.com/DMA. Join today and you’ll get a FREE gift of your choosing, up to $24 dollars in value.
- BetterHelp — Special offer for Don’t Mom Alone listeners get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/Dma.