Have you read the whole Bible? That was the question my guest Tara-Leigh Cobble struggled to answer while talking to a pastor friend. As she thought back through her life growing up in a Christian home, being involved in church and now working in full-time ministry and she couldn’t say for sure that she’d really read ALL of the Bible.
So she started a chronological reading plan to read it all, even the genealogies. But as she read, Tara had to wrestle with stories she’d never heard from the pulpit.
I was questioning the Bible because I was reading the Bible and I was questioning not is this true, but is he good? Yeah. Do I like him? My mentor said the places where you have difficulty with God lean in because the good stuff is on the other side of this. The good stuff is on the other side of this struggle.
After completing her own journey of reading the full Bible and seeing scripture and God in a new way, Tara-Leigh created The Bible Recap podcast and book to help others encounter God through his Word. And she’s here to give us a pep talk for reading the full Bible too.
You behold the living God in scripture, and all of a sudden, instead of feeling burdened by your to-do list, you’re going to be buoyed and carried along by the love of the God of the universe and by the person of who he is. And that’s what I want you to take away from scripture every day, a vision of the God who loves you and who has already accomplished all that he requires of you.
Connect with Tara-Leigh:
- Website: www.taraleighcobble.com
- The Bible Recap: www.thebiblerecap.com
- Instagram: @taraleighcobble
- The Bible Recap: A One-Year Guide to Reading and Understanding the Entire Bible
- Listen to the Bible on YouVersion
- Pretty Litter — get 20% off your first order at prettylitter.com with promo code: DMA
- Thrive Market — join Thrive Market today and get 25% off your first order AND an exclusive FREE gift only at thrivemarket.com/DMA