When it comes to learning differences and special education diagnoses, it can feel overwhelming and defeating to see your child struggle. My guest Kerri Irvin is a dyslexia specialist who has worked with countless children, teens and adults to help them thrive and embrace their learning differences.
It amazes me the gifts that God provides for all children, alongside their challenges. For every challenge, an equally important, if not more significant, gift has been provided and their challenges, without fail, are gifts that support them with their talents and make them better learners and people.
We talk about what dyslexia is, how students with dyslexia learn differently, ways to partner with your child’s teachers to help them succeed, and how to support friends who have children with learning differences. Kerri shares with passion and hope about how dyslexia is not just a learning challenge, but can be a strength.
Connect with Kerri
Site: SK Designs for Learning
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity
- International Dyslexia Association
- Neuhaus Education Center
- Scottish Rite for Children
- Orton-Gillingham Academy
- Kerri’s List of Resources
- Function of Beauty — Go to FunctionofBeauty.com/DMA to take your quiz and get 20% off your first order.
- Rothy’s — Check out their amazing repurposed, eco-friendly shoes, bags and masks available at Rothys.com/DMA
I tried to send Kerri an email but it bounced back. Please can you let me know the correct one?
I’m so sorry about that Katy! I just reached out to Kerri and here is the correct email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let me know if that still doesn’t work.
I just tried it and it hasn’t bounced back. Thank you so much.