Managing your home in the midst of motherhood is a challenge, especially when cleaning, organizing and decluttering don’t come naturally.
My guest Dana K. White struggled for years to figure out why her home was so messy. She could get it clean, but it would take days and then in no time it was right back to where she’d started with piles of clutter, laundry and dishes.
I had always thought before, my home is not who I am, but now it was my identity and it was even harder. And that was when I really thought. There’s something wrong with me. Like, literally I am broken in some way. I cannot do this thing that other people seem to be able to do so easily.
God brought her to a place of breakthrough when she started an anonymous blog to get open and real about being a “slob.” Through that, she started to discover some simple truths about cleaning and organizing strategies that actually work for people who don’t love cleaning and organizing.
We talk about tips for how to start cleaning when you feel overwhelmed, how to only make progress when decluttering and more. It’s a great listen for yourself and to learn how to help the less organized members of your family.
Here’s to making progress on our homes this summer! Stay tuned for the Summer of Mentorship starting June 21st. Great episodes to listen to while you clean and declutter.
Connect with Dana:
- Website: aslobcomesclean.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/ASlobComesClean
- Instagram: @aslobcomesclean
- Rothy’s –Keep it clean with washable shoes and bags from Rothy’s. Plus they just launched men’s shoes, so make sure to check them out for the men in your life. Go to Rothys.com/DMA today to check out your favorites
- Thrive Market — Go to ThriveMarket.com/DMA Join to get $20 off your first order AND a free gift.