Our first year of marriage was HARD. And we hit another rough patch (a.k.a. the “come to Jesus” days) after our second son was born. I took all the marriage advice I could get.
For all you mommas out there looking for a little marriage help, I’ve invited Jen Weaver on the show to talk about her newest book, “A Wife’s Secret to Happiness”. This episode originally aired on March 6, 2017.
Jen is an adorable millennial who knows God’s Word and isn’t afraid to hit the marriage topic head on. She shares some great insights on a few controversial issues. But more than anything she helps us identify the marriage habits (a.k.a., “WifeStyles”) that are attracting or denying the blessings God has for our marriages.
What we chat about:
- What is a “wifestyle”?
- Habits that can attract or deny the blessings God has for our marriages
- The slightly-controversial topic of “submission”
- Making room for your spouse to lead and space for the Lord to speak.
- What about when your spouse isn’t walking with the Lord?
- Wifestyles: “braided” or “frayed”
- What Jesus asked Jen.
- Wifestyles: “doubtful” or “decided”
- When you go through a relationship winter after a new baby
- Hebrew convo about “chayil”and Proverbs 31 woman who is a wife of valor
Connect with Jen Weaver:
- “A Wife’s Secret to Happiness” by Jen Weaver ***
- Francie Winslow (ep 61-Power of Sex in Marriage &ep 138 Ripple effect of healthy sexual connection)
- Discuss the idea of submission the way it’s described in the episode.
- How can you choose to make space for your spouse to lead in your relationship? In what ways do you lead?
- Do you feel frayed or braided with God right now? How can you rebraid your attention back toward God?
- What was your most recent relationship winter? How did you come through that?
- What are your Proverbs 31 wife superpowers? How do you use your strengths in a way that blesses and doesn’t hinder?