Self differentiation, emotional enmeshment and emotional cut-off… We got some new-to-me terms to learn in this episode, but you’ll be very glad you stick with us for the definitions. And I promise there won’t be a pop quiz at the end. 🤣
I’m chatting with Nancy Houston, a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Sex Therapist specializing in individual, marital, and sexual issues. We go deep on some important concepts that I wish I’d learned earlier on in my marriage.
The big one is self differentiation. Who am I separate from motherhood and marriage? And how can I stay a healthy individual in those roles without swinging too far either direction. Nancy shares practical tips and breaks down big concepts to get us going down the path of self discovery.
Health is being able to hold the middle where we can have some grace for ourselves and one another. Where we can have some quiet. Until I can stop judging myself so harshly, I’ll never stop judging you.
Connect with Nancy:
- Website: nancyhouston.net
- Facebook: facebook.com/asknancyhouston
- Instagram: @asknancyhouston
- [Ep 206] Overcoming Barriers to Sexual Intimacy :: Nancy Houston
- Positive Intelligence
- The Saboteurs
- BOOK: Love and Sex: A Christian Guide to Healthy Intimacy
- Ripple Effects of Healthy Sexual Connection :: Francie Winslow
- Hula-hoop-o-logy :: Vela Tomba
- Stitch Fix Kids: Schedule a fix today and get 25% off when you keep everything in your fix. Go to Stitchfix.com/DMA
- Don’t Mom Alone Book: Pre-order a copy today. Feel out the form over at heathermacfadyen.com/book to get freebies like 6 exclusive convos with Heather and a free copy of the audiobook. Also get an invite to join her launch team.
This was great! Thanks so much! I just had a question, do you have some examples of being a present, but not emeshed mom? “Inspiration” for finding that balance.