Even without the overwhelm of the pandemic exhausting us both physically and emotionally, life inevitably brings storms our way. Storms that we can ride out with God or storms that we allow to sweep us away.
Sally Clarkson, author, speaker and mentor of moms, joins me to talk about how to weather the storms of life with grace and hope. We talk about how some anchors we can put down in stormy times, pushing into friendships, filling our cups when we are depleted and parenting our kids through life’s disappointments.
Sally also shares about how weathering life’s storms helps us care for others who are experiencing hard times better.
Sometimes in my life I think Jesus wanted me to grow up a little bit because it was in facing my storms, learning to walk through them that I was humbled. I learned a lot. I had more compassion for other people going through storms. I feel like the story that you live becomes the platform for your compassion for other people.
Connect with Sally:
- Website: sallyclarkson.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/therealsallyclarkson/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sally.clarkson/
More Episodes with Sally:
- [Ep 54] How to Own Your Life :: Sally Clarkson
- [Ep 107] Create a Home of Belonging and Becoming :: Sally Clarkson
- [Ep 149] Loving Your Difficult Child :: Sally and Nathan Clarkson
- [Ep 233] Cultivating Friendships in a World of Isolation :: Sally Clarkson
- BOOK: Help, I’m Drowning: Weathering the Storms of Life with Grace and Hope
- PDF: A Written Lament – She Reads Truth
- WORKBOOK: Mourning and Dancing from She Reads Truth
- BOOK: This Beautiful Truth by Sarah Clarkson