Their real names are Melanie Shankle and Sophie Hudson, but they’ve been blogging for a long time on the internet as Big Mama and BooMama. In addition to being authors and speakers, they also host the fun podcast The Big Boo Cast where they talk about all the important stuff: faith, family, friends, football, fashion, and food. Plus, of course, their hair.
They join me for a mom friends episode where we talk about parenting teens, launching kids to college and letting go of mom guilt.
If you were a bad mom, you wouldn’t spend a lot of time worrying about if you were a bad mom. So the fact that you’re feeling that guilt is like, you love your child, you’re showing up, you’re trying to do all the right things. And you just have to trust that God’s grace covers the rest of it because they’re going to be things you get wrong.
You won’t want to miss the fun and funny Melanie and Sophie. I consider them some of my mentor moms and they offer up a lot of candid advice and wisdom for playing the “long game” of parenting.
Connect with Melanie:
- Website: thebigmamablog.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/melanieshankle
- Instagram: @melanieshankle
Connect with Sophie:
- Website: boomama.net
- Facebook: facebook.com/SophieHudsonBooMama
- Instagram: @boomama205
- The Big Boo Cast
- BOOK: Grace Upon Grace Journaling Devotional: Trusting God No Matter What
- [EP 12] The Antelope in the Living Room with Melanie Shankle
- [EP 58] Home is Where My People Are :: Sophie Hudson
- [Ep 273] Navigating Friendship :: Melanie Shankle
- BetterHelp: Visit betterhelp.com/DMA and join the over 2,000,000 people who have taken charge of their mental health with the help of an experienced professional. Special offer for Don’t Mom Alone listeners: get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/DMA.
- Rothys:Keep it fresh this summer with washable shoes and bags from Rothy’s. Head to Rothys.com/DMA to find your new warm weather favorites today.