Sometimes you have to preach truth to yourself when the days are long and you feel inadequate. And oftentimes we need a friend or two to point out the truth. Jamie Ivey is on the podcast today to be that friend for us. She brings us into her personal struggles as a mom and reminds us that we aren’t alone in the struggle.
It brings me so much comfort that God is not surprised by our diagnoses. He is not surprised by our families. He’s not surprised by our struggles. He’s not surprised by our insecurities, but he is a God who’s willing and ready to be with us in the midst of those.
If you need a reminder that God made you to have your kids. He made your kids to be who they are with all their abilities and challenges. And he didn’t just create us and stand away distanced as we struggle in life. This episode is for you.
We talk about Jamie’s new children’s book God Made You to Be You, but dive much deeper into what that message can mean to us as moms and how we can encourage our kids as they relate to others who are different than them.
Connect with Jamie:
- Book: God Made You to Be You
- More at jamieivey.com/kids
- [Ep 191] A Safe Place to Share Messy Stories :: Jamie Ivey
- Mathnasium — Whether you are looking to get your kids back on track or want to ensure they’re staying ahead with their math studies, find a center near you at mathnasium.com and contact them for a free in center or online consultation.
- StoryWorth — StoryWorth is a meaningful gift you and your family can treasure forever. Get started right away with no shipping required by going to StoryWorth.com/DMA. You’ll get $10 off your first purchase.