As Kayla Craig sat in the hospital watching her daughter have a machine breath for her, she struggled to find the words to pray. In that difficult time in her family’s life, she learned about the power of liturgies which are scripted prayers from scripture. The more she turned to these powerful prayers prayed by Christians from all over the world, the less alone Kayla felt.
Years later, Kayla has created a book with modern liturgies for parents with more than 100 prayers to voice when words are hard to find.
“The book of prayers that I have created are just simply prayers that you can borrow, prayers that can become your own. The prayers of another can comfort us and can lift our arms up and we can’t lift our arms up. If you don’t have the words to pray, take mine.”
From everyday struggles like helping your child find friends or thrive in school to larger issues like praying for a brighter world rooted in peace and truth, these pleas and petitions act as a gentle guide, reminding us that while our words may fail, God never does.
Stay tuned for about 20 minutes in when Kayla prays a powerful prayer over all of us weary parents! I think you are going to love learning more about liturgies and breath prayers from Kayla. I hope this is just one more tool in your prayer tool belt — we certainly need all we can get!
Connect with Kayla:
- Website: kaylacraig.com
- Podcast: Upside Down Podcast
- Facebook: facebook.com/kaylacraigwriter
- Instagram: @kayla_craig and @liturgiesforparents
- Simply Be Box — Get your winter box just in time for Christmas. Go to SimplyBeBox.com use code DMA10 for $10 off your first box.
- StoryWorth — Give those you love the most a thoughtful, personal gift from the heart and preserve their stories and memories for years to come. Go to storyworth.com/DMA and save $10 on your first purchase.