Friendship isn’t something we are taught in school. We sort of fumble our way through the trial and error of how to make and keep friends. Add in our culture of independence, where it can be hard to admit we need others, and lots of times it feels easier to just stay home and binge watch seasons of Friends rather than try to find some real life ones. In this episode, author and speaker Jennie Allen acknowledges that friendship is full of risk, riddled with awkwardness and yet completely worth it. Through her own journey of finding a core group of friends in a new city, she challenges us to enter into the awkward places to build the friendships we long to have.
Jennie Allen is a wife, mom, author, and speaker. She deeply believes God created us for relationship – first with him and then with others. Her newest book, Find Your People, is a tool-kit, a guide, an encouragement, and an honest look at why we really do need a village, and how we cultivate it in our lives.
Connect with Jennie Allen:
- Website: https://www.jennieallen.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jenniesallen
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennieallen/
- Ep 232 Fighting Toxic Thoughts :: Jennie Allen
- Ep 350 Friendship is Hard :: Amy Weatherly & Jess Johnston
- Ep 321 Healing from Broken Friendships :: Shundria Riddick
- Ep 289 Strengthening our Friendships :: Susan Seay
- Ep 273 Navigating Friendships :: Melanie Shankle
- Ep 148 Overcoming Insecurity in Friendships :: Renee Swope