Every mom will experience burnout. It’s as simple as our energy output exceeds our energy input, but it can be debilitating and discouraging. You may wish for a vacation, or spa day or even just 15 minutes of silence, but what if those typical self-care strategies are out of your reach? Where can you find rest when it seems like your circumstances just don’t allow for any?
“You may find that if someone pours water all over you, you are damp and distracted, but not cured of your sadness, the way a fire department can douse a fire but never recover what has been burnt down.” —Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning
This week we talk with Nicole Zasowski, a mom of three, therapist, and author of the new book, What if it’s Wonderful? Through her own life journey that has included deep sorrow and deep joy, Nicole encourages us to fight burnout with regular rhythms of celebration. No, not another party for you to plan, she’s not looking to douse water on burned-out you, but to help you recover joy that has been lost. She gives you an invitation to look at the good God is doing all around you, in every season.
Connect with Nicole Zasowski:
- Website: https://www.nicolezasowski.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nicolezasowskiwriter
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nicolezasowski/
- The Gift of Celebrating Biblical Feasts :: Amber Lee [Ep 217]
- Not Alone in Overwhelm :: Kay Wyma
- Sunday Planning :: Retha Nichole [Ep 349]
- Stitch Fix– Receive 25% off when you keep everything in your Kids Fix at www.stitchfix.com/DMA
- Thrive Causemetics–Get 15% off your first order when you visit www.thrivecausemetics.com/DMA
- Indeed– Receive a $75 credit to upgrade your job post at www.indeed.com/DMA