We all walk through seasons of transition, whether we leave something behind by choice or it was chosen for us.
Life after a disruptive event or during life transitions can feel like “starting over” just as much as a move clear across the country. You may be asking the question, “who am I here?” even in familiar places and routines. Author Shauna Niequist encourages us in what to hold on to and what to let go of, through seasons of loss.
She equips us with three tools for the journey – curiosity, self-compassion, and courage. We discuss how prayer can tenderize an angry heart, and Shauna shares how hanging on to writing and hospitality, even when they felt like impossible disciplines, helped her journey forward through grief and change.
Shauna Niequist is a wife, mom, and author to numerous books including, Present Over Perfect, Cold Tangerines, and Bread and Wine. Her new book, I Guess I Haven’t Learned that Yet, releases on April 12, 2022
Connect with Shauna Niequist:
- Website: https://www.shaunaniequist.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sniequist
- Instagram: @sniequist
- Twitter: @sniequist
- Soulful over Frantic :: Shauna Niequist [Ep 127]
- How to Get Real and Savor More :: Shauna Niequist [Ep 65]
- When Moms Walk Through Grief :: Stacey Thacker [Ep 76]
- Quiet Your Inner Critic and Practice Self-Compassion :: Kim Frederickson [Ep 188]
- Recovering from Mom Burnout :: Nicole Zasowski [Ep 357]
- Rothy’s. Step up your shoes and accessories this Spring and get $20 off your first purchase at rothys.com/DMA.
- The Biggest Story Bible Storybook by Crossway and Kevin DeYoung. Pick up a copy wherever books are sold or visit crossway.org/plus to find out how to save 30%.
- Athena Club. Show your skin you care with the Athena Club Razor Kit! Get 20% off your first order at AthlenaClub.com with promo code DMA.