We are all theologians. We may not be formally educated experts, but we all have beliefs about who God is and how and why he interacts with us (or doesn’t). All of our assumptions, presuppositions, opinions, and ideas make up our theology. The question is, where are we getting our information? What do we base our theology on?
My guest this week is Phylicia Masonheimer, founder of Every Woman a Theologian, and her goal is “to teach [women] how to discern truth, know what (and Who) [they] believe, and live [their] faith boldly in a post-Christian world.” Her day to day work is creating resources for women to learn to study the bible and navigate doctrine because a firm theological foundation matters for us personally and individually as well as for our other relationships be it our spouses, kids, friends, neighbors. That foundation will underpin the comfort we bring to a hurting friend, the discipline we use with our children, and how we treat our spouse.
Connect with Phylicia Masonheimer:
- Website: https://phyliciamasonheimer.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/phyliciadelta
- Instagram: @phyliciamasonheimer @everywomanatheologian
- Podcast: The Verity Podcast
- The Ology: Ancient Truths, Ever New by Marty Machowski
- Mary Flo Ridley and Megan Michelson Birds and Bees
- Become What You Behold :: Ruth Chou Simons [Ep 255]
- Let’s Talk About Sex :: Mary Flo Ridley and Megan Michelson [Ep 328]
- Consistency in Bible Study :: Katie Orr [Ep 352]
- Giving Kids a Firm Foundation :: Troy Simons [Ep 278]
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at heathermacfadyen.com/sponsors.