You know what you’re seeing of someone else’s life as you scroll isn’t the whole story and yet we all find ourselves longing for that perfect vacation, that look of pure delight on their child’s face, or the silent moments they were able to enjoy.
We all know “comparison is the thief of joy,” and we should run from it. But what if, rather than try to immediately silence or distract whatever we’re feeling in those moments, we got curious about what’s going on inside? What if we could filter what we see and discern what is for us and what isn’t?
In Christ, God has given us a treasure trove of wisdom and knowledge that, by the power of the Holy Spirit, is available to us all the time. We can use that wisdom to guide us as we uncover the “why” behind our comparisons and help us recognize our God-given boundaries.
Pre-Order Right Where You Belong: How to Identify and Fully Occupy Your God-Given Space
Special Listening Guide for this episode:
- Feelings Card and “What I Need” Quadrant (scroll down just under the text of the show notes)
- Feelings Wheel
- Shaping Your Family Culture :: Kimberly Amici [Ep 294]
- Bruce Learns to Label His Feelings :: Bruce and Heather [Ep 316]
- How to Help a Friend Process Life :: [Ep 395]
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at heathermacfadyen.com/sponsors.