What does a child need to flourish? There are a million answers to that question, but in all honesty, it’s a little different for each child. We have so many tools available to us to help us see our own personalities and tendencies more clearly. My guest this week is mom and author Karen Stubbs. She challenges us to be students of our kids’ personalities – to tell them the way they are wired is a good gift from God.
She encourages us to learn our kids. Not just to correct or discipline them, but to celebrate the way God has made them, help them grow into their strengths, and give them eyes to see their weakness with kindness and grace. Through her ministry, Birds on a Wire, parents can take a quiz to help understand their child’s unique personality and then be equipped to shepherd each unique personality well.
Connect with Karen Stubbs:
- Website: https://birdsonawiremoms.com/karenstubbs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BirdsonaWireMoms/
- Instagram: @karenstubbs @birdsonawiremoms
- Twitter: @BOAWMoms
- Podcast: Wire Talk
- Personality Plus for Parents: Understanding What Makes Your Child Tick by Florence Littauer
- Birds on a Wire Personality Color Quiz
- Wire Talk Podcast Series on Personality
- The Art of Motherhood by Karen Stubbs
- Survival Guide to Motherhood: Learn to Thrive, Not Just Survive by Karen Stubbs
- PDF:: How to Parent Each Type
- Honoring Others :: Rachel Wade [Ep 348]
- Temperament Guide: Help for All Types of Moms to All Types of Kids [Ep 14]
- Understanding Boys Better :: David Thomas [Ep 315]
- Pre-Order Right Where You Belong: How to Identify and Fully Occupy Your God-Given Space
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.