Do the sights and sounds and feels of parenting overwhelm you some days? Or most days? How can we parent kindly and intentionally when we desperately need a break from all the stimulation?
My guest this week is Mary Van Geffen. She is a mom who has striven to cultivate good relationships with her children and husband while also navigating life as a Highly Sensitive Person with diagnosed ADHD. She knows firsthand the struggles moms face with sensory overload and she’s not trying to “fix” you – you’re not broken! But she does offer a bevy of tips to help us take care of ourselves amidst the din of life and to parent in a calm and connected manner.
Connect with Mary Van Geffen:
- Website: https://www.maryvangeffen.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parentcoachforspicyones
- Instagram: @maryvangeffen
- How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty Class with Mary Van Geffen
- Heather and Mary’s Instagram performance–Body Posture in Parenting
- Body Awareness in Parenting :: Mary Van Geffen [Ep 333]
- When Your Child is on the Autism Spectrum (Part 1) :: Terri Conlin [Ep 182]
- When Your Child is on the Autism Spectrum (Part 2) :: Terri Conlin [Ep 183]
- Parenting Neurodivergent Children – Summer Edition :: Carrie Cassell [Ep 413]
- Parenting Sensitive and Intense Kids :: Lynne Jackson and Lydia Rex [Ep 395]
- Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues :: Lynne Jackson [Ep 258]
Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.