What are two words to describe your mind when your head hits the pillow most nights?
The quiet space before sleep can be our most vulnerable moments. Whether it’s to-do’s or dredging up memories from the past, our thoughts can feel overwhelming. If we let our mind spiral we’re sacrificing the rest God intends us to enjoy. But my guest this week, Emily Ley has some bedtime rituals that can help us stop the spiraling. Crafted to help herself with the nighttime barrage of thoughts, Emily’s simple routines and reminders can set you on a path to the peace that comes, not from an easy life, but from an abiding trust in God.
Emily is a mom of three, a best-selling author, and the founder of organizational products and tools company, Simplified.
Connect with Emily Ley:
- Website: https://emilyleybooks.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simplified
- Instagram: @simplified
- The Simplified Planner Heather uses
- Raising Them Ready: Practical Ways to Prepare Your Kids for Life on Their Own by Jonathan and Erica Catherman
- How to Be a Person Camp – Emily Ley on Substack
- Near in the Night: 100 Evening Meditations on God’s Peace and Rest by Emily Ley
- Sure as the Sunrise: 100 Morning Meditations on God’s Mercy and Delight by Emily Ley
- Growing Boldy: Dare to Build a Life You Love by Emily Ley
- A Simplified Life: Tactical Tools for Intentional Living by Emily Ley
- Fighting Toxic Thoughts :: Jennie Allen [Ep 272]
- Freedom From Anxiety :: Ashley Willis [Ep 180]
- Getting Brave About Anxiety :: Sissy Goff [Ep 311]
Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.