Have you ever asked yourself, “Is what’s going on with my body normal?”
So often as women, we are quiet about what’s going on with our bodies. Our concerns have been dismissed before. We’re worried about what will have to change in our lives to fix this nagging symptom. The doctor is busy. We have to leave this appointment soon to make it on time to the next thing on our lists. So we just deal.
But my guest this week, Dr. Kamilia Smith, says that “quality of life issues should not be extra credit for women.” Our conversation covers a gamut of topics from menopause to sexual health to supplements.
Dr. Smith is the Founder and Director of Charleston House Gynecology in Dallas. Her practice is geared toward caring for all of a woman on the zig-zag road through midlife healthcare.
Connect with Dr. Kamilia Smith:
- Website: https://charlestonhousegyn.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charlestonhousegyn
- Instagram: @charlestonhousegyn
- Estrogen Matters: Why Taking Hormones in Menopause Can Improve Women’s Well-Being and Lengthen Their Lives – Without Raising the Risk of Breast Cancer by Avrum Bluming and Carol Tavris
- Dallas Psychologist/Therapist: https://behavioralhealthdallas.com/dr-katie-sardone-psychologist-therapist
- Dallas Counseling: https://www.mend-counseling.com/
- NY Times article on Menopause
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.