It’s been a year since I wrote “10 things my roomie should know”. In a few weeks I will be boarding a plane and heading back to Harrisburg, PA for the amazing Allume conference (last year it was called “Relevant”). Side note: God knows I REALLY need this. I can’t wait to see how He surprises me with His love.
Last year I barely knew my roommates…not true this year. I will be sharing a room with 3 awesome ladies who I know “in real life” and online. Let me introduce them:
- Stefanie writes UpLifting Words and was one of my roommates last year. She and Kristin (see below) worked with me on the DFW blogging conference, Mamas Write
- Kristin shares the Beautiful Deep and comforts moms who lost a baby with her book, Empty Hands and Hopeful Hearts.
- I met Kristi Griem last year in the Atlanta airport and the next day she and I shared my makeup. She inspires me through her work helping free trade artisans market and sell their products (like Freeset).
Do you ever play the game “Two truths and a lie”? Basically, you share two things that are true about you and one lie. Then everyone guesses which of the three was the lie. Of course to “win” you need to figure out which two things were true (but outlandish) and which was a somewhat believable lie.
Since I already know my roommates to some level, I thought I would share some of my outlandish 😉 truths and take their knowledge of me to a new level. As a reader of God Centered Mom, these 10 truths may be news to you as well.
- I’m not a team player. The only “team” I successfully participated in was “Synchronized Swimming”…that’s really a bunch of synchronized individuals.
- From 3rd grade through 8th grade I was homeschooled. (And ‘no’ I never participated in a spelling bee, if you were wondering).
- My freshman year of high school, I had a huge brown mole removed from my chin. Had always felt like a witch…I don’t miss it (the mole or the feeling).
- My sister is 16 years older and my brother is 11 years older than me…with the same mom & dad. (also have a little brother… 2 years younger than me).
- My best friend and I played with Barbies…in middle school…while making song requests on the classical radio station. (refer to #2).
- My dad ran for U.S. Congress, State Senate, U.S. Senate, and Governor. Like Abe Lincoln, he did not win those political races…perhaps he should have run for President?
- I called out Bingo numbers at a nursing home when I was in 8th grade.
- In 5th grade I called a boy asking him to “go with me”. He said “no”. But do you blame him? (see #2, #5, #7).
- I wrote about my “calling a boy” story and entered it in a Brio magazine contest. I didn’t win, but a picture of me with my brother was included (it was the issue with Candace Cameron on the front).
- There were many, many piano recitals in which my nose suddenly started bleeding…haven’t had a nose bleed in awhile (but keep the tissues handy!).
In case you didn’t click over to last year’s post here is a quick synopsis:
- sleep with a blankie,
- often forget to take out my contacts before bed,
- can carry a lot of stuff w/out concern,
- don’t like to “miss” any fun/party/conversation (aka extrovert)
- take lots of notes (overachiever)
- like to talk a lot (external processor)
- get silly when I’m not with my kids
- forget to take pics of myself at conferences
- am NOT pregnant this year (but will be missing my sweet baby Knox…pray for my hubby home with all 4 boys!).
Told ya no lies in the bunch. What outlandish “truth” would you use in the game “2 truths & a lie”?
Ha! You make me laugh and I really like that about you :). We have a good deal in common even though I am much more of an introvert and process internally.
I loved Brio magazine and I know I got that issue! Too funny!
I’m so looking forward to rooming with you! I liked you from the minute I met you and can’t wait to get to know you even better.
you are a treasure. a godly woman who seeks to honor God and encourage others. so very thankful to not only have you as an online friend but a real life friend too!
Love all of this….and you even more!! Smiling ear to ear reading this and thinking of us two extroverts giggling about silly things :). You are dear to me sweet friend…can’t WAIT to see you and hug you!!
you know what I love? looking back at last year’s post I saw that you and kristin commented and you weren’t even my roommates that year! how crazy is that? oh get ready for the giggles…been holding mine in for a long time!
I had a mole removed too…not sure exactly what they did, but it burned. Zap!
Totally remember Brio mag.
Nose bleeds during piano recitals = no bueno…my girls get them quite often, but I’ve talked with a number of moms, and they said they same about their kids…maybe digging too hard for treasure? :p I used to get them as a kid too.
thanks joyce for sharing in my mole horror. Yeah I had so many nose bleeds (cold weather, dry air = nose bleeds)…we would put vaseline up my nose. no joke. With a q-tip. up my nose. but it worked!
Yes, the pediatrician told us about the vaseline too. :p
No way!! I love Stefanie and, I’m a subscriber to both Uplifting Words and the Beautiful Deep! What are the chances? Divine intervention…that’s all I can say:-) 1 MORE WEEK!
those two lovely ladies live here in DFW with me. so we are “in real life” friends and blogging friends…doubly-blessed! thankful to meet you in ONE WEEK!
How funny! I loved Brio magazine and remember the one with Candace Cameron on the cover! Sadly, I don’t remember your photo…but small world! 🙂