God kinda rocks my world. In a good way.
Here’s where I get bossy . . . –> Do. not. miss. today’s podcast seriously.
I was BLOWN AWAY when Julie Romero sent me a Facebook message last week and shared her story.
To back up a second. . . I first met Julie in college. We weren’t besties, but at a small Christian school, ya kinda “know” everyone. Especially since we graduated the same year and had a common friend.
Fast forward to last November (2013) when I saw Julie’s face in my Instagram feed and I asked the question, “Did you go to Taylor University?” That simple comment was one stone in the path God took Julie, releasing her from the spiritual desert she found herself.
In this episode listen to:
- Julie share about serving in a church for over a decade eventually leading to burn out.
- How she cried out, “God, I don’t know what you’re doing? Have you forgotten about me?”
- How God used a creative season & a craft show to connect she and I
- How Julie found godly, authentic community via social media
- What happened when she waited for God to reveal His perfect plan to use her gifts
- The exciting creative discipleship retreats Julie is facilitating for young women
Connect with Julie:
Check out Julie’s amazing Breathe Retreat (and register) –> Click Here
Check out Julie’s awesome Etsy shop (paper flowers) :: Julie Lynn Design –> Click Here
Check out the incredible Creative Discipleship Kits :: $20/each :: Ephesians Devotional (Identity in Christ), creative swag & instructions :: Follow Julie on social media for more details or Email her at email@example.com .
- Taylor University (servant leadership)
- Mike Romero Music
- “Spiritual Depression” by David Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- “When Darkness will not lift” by John Piper
- “A million little ways” by Emily Freeman
- Lara Casey :: Power Sheets
Questions to consider:
Have you ever been burnt out from ministry? Had a “desert” experience?
What activities bring you joy?
Have you considered using those gifts/talents/joys in a unique way to minister to others?
Please share your story of discovering joy through a ministry sweet spot in the comments below!
**How to listen to the podcast:**
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.