This episode originally aired in Nov 2016
Today’s guest is Christy Nockels, Dove award winning musician and mom to three children. In 2006 she made the God-led choice to step away from the music industry, for a time, to pour into her family.
In 2016 she released the solo Christmas album, “The Thrill of Hope”. With a blend of classic Christmas carols and original pieces, she has crafted a beautiful addition to our Christmas music collections.
In this episode you’ll hear the inspiration behind the songs, “Amaryllis” and “Wrap This One Up”. . .both stories gave me goosebumps. I won’t think of the Bethlehem shepherds the same way again. And the winter blooming amaryllis reminds us the hope Jesus brought . .
Our King has come, He’s with us now & He’s making all things new again. That’s the thrill of hope.
What we chat about:
- How motherhood takes you from peaceful quiet times to sock-and-underwear prayers
- The secret of simple scripture and open dialogue with God
- Christy’s new album “The Thrill of Hope”- her first Christmas album!
- The message of the amaryllis for those with heavy hearts in the Christmas season
- How “wrapped in swaddling clothes” may have meant much more to the shepherds
- Christy’s song on the new album that makes her listeners “ugly cry”
- Psalm 37:4-7 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
- The Glorious in the Mundane podcast
- “The Thrill of Hope” available on Christy’s site or Amazon**
- Ellie Holcomb
- PDF of “Amaryllis” lyrics I made. . .
You are invited to become a DMA Insider! Join us over here and get bonus content. Including live Mentor Moment Q&As. In 2021 Bruce and I will lead Insiders through a StrengthsFinder Series. Learn the 101s of StrengthsFinder. And how knowing your Strengths impacts your marriage, parenting and career.