The topic of racial inequality and the need for reconciliation and education on race in America is a BIG. It can seem overwhelmingly big when it comes to teaching our kids how to be allies for people who are different from them.
My guest Kirsten Watson breaks down why we shouldn’t shy away from these conversations, but how to show our children the importance of diversity and how to righteously fight for what’s right.
As a believer, as my sister in Christ, the reason it’s so imperative for you to have this conversation with your kids is because when it happens to my kid, when the joke is made, I need your kid to stand up for my kid. Because they know that my kid was made in the image of Christ and they know that God made us all different. That they would stand up for my kid, because my kid is any kid who is not white.
Having these conversations with our kids and bringing it back to God’s truth allows us to change the narrative and raise the next generation to continue to work toward racial unity.
Connect with Kirsten:
- Website: https://thewatsonseven.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/kirstenwatsonofficial
- Instagram: @_kirstenwatson_
- Why or Why Not With the Watsons podcast
- Please Talk To Your Kids About Race (Podcast ep)
- Ep 216: Help Your Children Embrace Differences :: Dorena Williamson
- Ep 261: Racial Healing Starts with You :: Latasha Morrison
- Ep 282: Many Hues, One Humanity :: Dr. Lucretia Berry
- “What About Gary” Season 7, episode 10 Black-ish
- Mom Life Today