What is a place you’d rather not go? One that sounds nearly unbearable. The DMV? The school pick-up line? What about going into a serious medical diagnosis or a financial crisis? Following Jesus is no safeguard against difficulty in life. God may give you an assignment that feels impossible and overwhelming. That is where my guest this week, mom and author/speaker Cari Trotter, found herself in early 2021.
But what Cari also found in those hellish months following a difficult diagnosis echoed what concentration camp survivor Victor Frankl says, “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” Cari’s life shifted in an instant and her identity, health, and expectations of the future shifted too. But she found a solid rock to anchor to in her relationship with God – wherever he was leading her. However dark or lonely the path she was never alone. Her meaning and purpose were not gone because the Lord was her strength and her song. She is right where she belongs.
Connect with Cari Trotter:
- Website: https://www.caritrotter.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/caritrotter1
- Instagram: @cari.trotter
- Twitter: @caritrotter
- Struck: One Christian’s Reflections on Encountering Death by Russ Ramsey
- Every Moment Holy, Volume I: New Liturgies for Daily Life by Douglas Kaine McKelvey
- Two Questions for a Glorious Becoming :: Cari Trotter [Ep 40]
- Week Six Summer of Mentorship 2020 :: Stacey Thacker
- You Are Never Alone :: Max Lucado [Ep 298]
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.