Oh friendship! A gift that can bring incredible joy and cause great pain. If female relationships weren’t tricky enough, our wounded selves bump into each other causing even deeper hurts.
But what are we to do? How do we heal, move forward and develop lasting friendships?
Thankfully, my friend, Lisa-Jo Baker came on the show back in April of 2017 to help. With content from her book, “Never Unfriended”, on episode 159 we talked about friendship wounds. And Lisa-Jo pointed us to Jesus, the only One who promises to heal and never leave us.
Jesus is never tired of me always needing Him. Instead, He is delighted by how desperately I need His validation and He never, ever withholds it from me. Or from you. – excerpt from “Never Unfriended” by Lisa-Jo
What we chat about:
- What do we fear most in friendship
- How to include the new girl and ignore the “cool kid” lies
- How to heal past friendship wounds.
- Turning to Jesus for meat and potatoes soul-filling.
- Not blaming social media for our heart issues.
- How do you survive a friendship break-up.
- The hope of reconciliation and knowing when to let go.
Connect with Lisa-Jo Baker:
- “Surprised by Motherhood” book** by Lisa-Jo Baker
- Shaping of a Mother: Episode 21
- Incourage Community
- Carey Bailey–Life Coach
- Hallowed Places by Tim Keller
- “Never Unfriended” by Lisa-Jo Baker
- “The Middle Matters”** by Lisa-Jo Baker –available now
**Don’t Mom Alone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Featured Sponsor: Cultivate What Matters
Ever felt like you really want to plant the seeds of faith in your children’s heart but you don’t know how? You need something simple and easy that you can trust.
You are not alone. Thousands of women all over the world have felt the same and are now cultivating the hearts of their little ones with Write the Word for Kids Bible journal from Cultivate What Matters.
On July 17th, they are launching their brand new Write the Word for Kids: Fruit of the Spirit. It has everything you loved about the first Write the Word for Kids with a new theme, and including new fruit-theme stickers! Your kids will love it, too!
The Cultivate team is offering Don’t Mom Alone listeners an exclusive discount. Head to CultivateWhatMatters.com to order your Write the Word for Kids journal today and receive 10% off with the code DONTMOMALONE.