Have you ever wished for a fairy godmother? Someone to wave a wand and make your troubles disappear? The next best thing just might be a real godmother – a woman to see you in your distress and to offer help and encouragement. What’s hard for you in this season of motherhood? Your reactions to your kids? Seeing how your kids react to one another? Maybe you need to break free from life centering around your kids.
In this mentoring episode we take a proverbial walk with author and speaker Lisa Bevere through anger, growth, idolatry, guilt and hope in the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives and sibling rivalry. Her most recent book, Godmothers: Why You Need One. How to Be One encourages women to live with and for one another and to ask for help from those who have gone before you – which she graciously does with us in this episode! Lisa and her husband John raised four boys and she has written numerous books on womanhood, identity, anger, and much more.
Connect with Lisa Bevere:
- Website: https://lisabevere.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisabevere.page
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisabevere/
- Focus on Growth vs Guilt :: Lisa Bevere [Ep 291]
- Centering Truth :: Lisa Bevere [Ep 204]
- Anger Management, Hollywood, and Sacrificial Faith :: Amber Lia [Ep 75]
- Rothy’s. Step up your shoes and accessories this spring and get $20 off your first purchase at rothys.com/DMA.
- Prose is the healthy hair regimen with your name all over it. Go to Prose.com/DMA for your FREE in-depth hair consultation and 15% off.
- Athena Club Razor Kit! Show your skin you care, sign up today and you’ll get 20% off your first order at AthenaClub.com and use promo code dma for 20% off.