“I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11 is a very familiar verse, but do you take it as a life-giving exhortation or do you shove it into the mental closet of “shoulds”? The rest of Psalm 119 tells us the person who loves God’s word enough to hide it in their heart finds peace, wisdom, delight, comfort, blessing, shameless life, reminders of the Lord’s nearness, and promises that will endure forever – just to name a few!
So why don’t we memorize scripture?
What if you had a system that was simple and beautiful and easy enough for the whole family to practice together? This week’s guest, Natalie Abbott, is a mom of five who knows firsthand of the wonderful things the rest of Psalm 119 promises the person who hides God’s word in their heart. She and her sister, Vera, created Dwell Differently, a system of temporary tattoos and devotional cards all beautifully designed for simple memorization of and meditation on one verse a month. It gives individuals, families or friend groups a chance to sow one verse into every aspect of their lives and then reap the peace and wisdom that comes from nearness to God.
Connect with Natalie Abbott:
- Website: https://dwelldifferently.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dwelldifferently/
- Instagram: @dwelldifferently
- Podcast: https://dwelldifferently.com/pages/dwell-podcast-2
- Dwell Differently. Visit www.dwelldifferently.com to get the first month free of a FAMILY membership ($12 value) use the code: DMA
- Praying the Scriptures :: Jodie Berndt [Ep 194]
- Equipping Your Kids for Difficulty :: Kim Sorgius [Ep 356]
- Must Have Conversations :: Vicki Courtney [Ep 239]
- Gospel-Focused Conversations :: Joel Fitzpatrick [Ep 251]