What would it take for you to walk away from the most abundant time in your career? From a time that was not only full, but fun, rewarding, and productive?
My guest this week, Christy Wright did just that – walked away from a season of immense abundance in her career, not because of difficult situations but simply because God called her out of it. She says this call was so clear she came to a point where she feared disobedience more than the uncertainty of leaving her career. She followed God into a new season of freedom and work. It’s like God called Christy in for a meeting to talk about rebranding – not to change who He had created her to be, but to change her everyday look and her assignments.
We’ve spent our summer talking through our unique “mom brands” and in our final week of Summer of Mentorship we’re hitting on something that will happen to each of us as moms at one point or many – the need to rebrand. To leave behind what worked and was right for that specific time to embrace what God is saying is right for now. Ecclesiastes reminds us there is rhythm and seasons to life and we will walk through transitions in our work and home life. Christy encourages us to courageously cling to God’s voice in those times and not let the fear of uncertainty keep us from the rebranding God is walking us through..
- What stood out to you from the episode?
- What current roles help shape your days?
- Are you ok with you when you take away what you do? Or, how easily can you separate out who you are from what you do?
- Have you gone through a “rebranding” as a mom? Either because of change in circumstance or because your routines weren’t serving you, or for another reason. What was difficult about that time? What was beneficial in that transition?
- Spend the last 10 minutes of your group time in silence praying and listening and ask God, “Is there anything I need to be freed from?”
Connect with Christy Wright:
- Website: https://www.christy-wright.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialChristyWright
- Instagram: @ChristyBWright
- Take Back Your Time : The Guilt-Free Guide to Life Balance by Christy Wright
- How to Stop Losing Your Sh*t with Your Kids: A Practical Guide to Becoming a Calmer, Happier Parent by Carla Naumburg, PhD
- Thrive Market. Join Thrive Market today and get $80 eighty dollars in free groceries! Go to ThriveMarket.com/DMA.
- Athletic Greens. Get a FREE 1 year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5 FREE travel packs with your first purchase. Visit athleticgreens.com/DMA.
- Indeed. Now with Indeed, businesses only pay for quality applications matching the sponsored job description. Visit Indeed.com/DMA to start hiring now.