Seasons change. Hard choices have to be made. God moves us in and out of opportunities. But how do we know when it’s time to give something up and when it’s time to press through?
Today’s guest is Christy Nockels, Dove award winning musician and mom to three children. In 2006 she made the God-led choice to step away from the music industry, for a time, to pour into her family.
In this episode we talk about transitions. She shares advice on staying connected with community when moving to new cities, leaning into God during tough decisions and connecting intimately with God even in the busyness of motherhood.
Jesus, this is such an opportunity for me to hide in you – to take you by the hand and for you to lead me, and for me to trust in you in a way that I haven’t in a really long time. -Christy, Episode 144
Christy trusted God’s leading and He moved her back into record production. Her latest creative work is the solo Christmas album, “The Thrill of Hope”. With a blend of classic Christmas carols and original pieces, she has crafted a beautiful addition to our Christmas music collections.
In this episode you’ll hear the inspiration behind the songs, “Amaryllis” and “Wrap This One Up”. . .both stories gave me goosebumps. I won’t think of the Bethlehem shepherds the same way again. And the winter blooming amaryllis reminds us the hope Jesus brought . . .
Our King has come, He’s with us now & He’s making all things new again. That’s the thrill of hope.
Connect with Christy:
Featured Sponsor: Persimmon Prints
Persimmon Prints is a faith-based art & apparel company located in the Chicago area. With every purchase, we help you FILL your life with print, FIX your heart on God, and FIGHT for those in need. We believe in eternal investments and providing ethically made goods; we prioritize having continued partnerships with various faith-based organizations, both locally and worldwide, while also placing quality goods in your hands. So, treat yourself & your home to beautiful, purposeful products, while giving back to the greater community.
What we chat about:
- How to find connection and keep from “drifting” when starting somewhere new
- What Christy learned when God called her to “take everything off of the table”
- Surrendering our plans to God is the only way He can do GOD-SIZED things with them
- How big, scary steps allow us to hide in Jesus instead of hiding in the familiar
- Each season prepares us for the next (even if you would really love to skip ahead)
- How motherhood takes you from peaceful quiet times to sock-and-underwear prayers
- The secret of simple scripture and open dialogue with God
- Christy’s new album “The Thrill of Hope”- her first Christmas album!
- The message of the amaryllis for those with heavy hearts in the Christmas season
- How “wrapped in swaddling clothes” may have meant much more to the shepherds
- Christy’s song on the new album that makes her listeners “ugly cry”
- The Passion Conference
- Psalm 37:4-7 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
- The Glorious in the Mundane podcast
- “The Thrill of Hope” available on Christy’s site or Amazon**
- Ellie Holcomb
- PDF of “Amaryllis” lyrics I made. . .Merry Christmas!
**Amazon affiliate link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
always i used to read smaller posts that as well clear their motive,
and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am
reading at this time.