That’s how I’d describe my mind after years and years of sleep deprivation.
Most new moms (especially if you had lots of littles in a row) know the challenge of forming a complete thought. Or staying focused during a quiet time. Or even having a moment alone with God.
I know Jennie understands.
Jennie is a sweet mom of two from Cambridge, England. She emailed me sharing struggles with sleep deprivation. Her son suffered from a serious of medical challenges leaving them with four years of interrupted sleep.
She knows the power of a strong relationship with God. But in this season has found connecting deeply with Him difficult given her exhausted, “mush brain”.
The mentor that I called to answer Jennie’s questions is the amazing Sally Clarkson.
Sally understands having children who don’t sleep and she’s been through her share of challenging seasons. From those experiences and others she began to mentor young moms and encourage other women to do the same .
In this episode, Sally helps moms move beyond traditional spiritual disciplines to experience God in their everyday moments. Inspiring us to find the goodness of God, by intentionally filling our lives with beauty and pleasure.
For the exhausted mom who longs to know God better, I hope this episode gives you peace, perspective and practical ideas.
Connect with Sally Clarkson:
What we chat about:
- How do I have a decent quiet time when I’m exhausted?
- What tips do you have for getting through challenging circumstances?
- Does a hard season have long-term impacts on your faith?
- Motherhood is a battleground.
- What we struggle through is normal and women for generations have experienced it.
- God created us to be in community. God is present through people.
- Build things into your life to enjoy the goodness of God.
Other topics we cover:
- Journaling prayers
- Breath prayers
- Physical rest vs. soul rest
- Jubilee Centre
- Own Your Life: Living with Deep Intention, Bold Faith, and Generous Love** by Sally Clarkson
- MomHeart Groups
- How to Study Your Bible ** by Kay Arthur (Inductive Studies)
- Lacey Dobrient, “The Color Method” (Hear more about it from her interview on the podcast–Episode 63
- Philip Yancy
Function of Beauty — Take your quiz and get customized hair products for 20% off your first order at functionofbeauty.com/DMA
Stitch Fix Kids — Try Stitch Fix Kids today and get 25% off when you keep everything in your Fix. Go to StitchFix.com/DMA